State and County Government
- Department of Public Health, Health Planning Council: Analysis of state needs and capacity for behavioral health care.
- Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services: Substance Abuse Strategic Plan. Peer Review. Strategic plan for workforce development. BSAS Briefs. Strategic planning & Implementation status. Financial Mapping. SBIRT Meeting. Adolescent Proposal. OxyContin and other Prescription Drug Abuse. School Health Manual. SAMHSA Launch.
- Executive Office of Health and Human Services: Financial condition of human service providers. System of care proposal for Central Massachusetts. Procurement of Massachusetts Family Resource Centers and its Administrative Services Organization.
- Center for Health Information and Analysis: Preparation for a legislative report on access to substance use disorder treatment.
- Department of Mental Health: System of care proposal for young adults. Strategic Planning. Quality Improvement Collaborative. Time study of rehabilitation services. With Andersen Consulting, Medicaid time study survey of MA DMH providers.
- MA Group Insurance Commission: with Boston Benefit Partners, behavioral health care reprocurement.
- Department of Children and Families: Evaluator for Title IV-E Waiver of Caring Together residential and community services. "Tiered" foster care. First in the nation, statewide managed child welfare initiative, Commonworks. Product-based adoption services
- Office of the Attorney General: Consultation on health care cost trends analysis. Assessment of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Saint Vincent Hospital operations.
- Division of Medical Assistance: Strategic planning for managed care for SSI disabled Medicaid recipients.
- Department of Developmental Services: Employee satisfaction survey and TQM. Study of contracted human service providers.
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court: Futures Commission. Substance Abuse Task Force.
- New York
- Office of Mental Health: Restructuring Ambulatory Services. Project Liberty. Children's Special Needs Plans. Managed care readiness. County-cost and utilization analysis. Dialog Group. Red Cross Recovery Grant Proposal. RFMH - Conference Grant. Outpatient Restructuring.
- New Hampshire
- With the Lewin Group, assisted the New Hampshire Medicaid agency to analyze its options under the Affordable Care Act for providing mental health and substance use disorder services to its Medicaid and Medicaid expansion populations.
- Legislative Services Division: Study on public mental health services and options for financing.
- Division of Addictive and Mental Disorders: Corrective Action Plan for the managed care contractor.
- Stay Well Stay Working to improve health and employment and reduce SSDI enrollment of people with psychiatric disabilities.
- Rhode Island
- Evaluation of Veterans' Treatment Courts: Evaluation of its enhanced and expanded Veterans Treatment Court program, funded by SAMHSA’s Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.
- Department of Children, Youth and Families: System of care planning
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS): with Mercer, behavioral health reprocurement.
- State Legislature: Options for redesign of the regional delivery system.
- Clark County Behavioral Health Services: Strategic planning and managed care organization procurement.
- Department of Mental Health: Financing strategy. Business case for mental health services. State Transformation Grant. Social Security Administration proposal for a vocational program.
- Options for redesign of the mental health system in Detroit Wayne County.
- Self-directed care for people with serious mental illness in Delaware County.
- Department of Mental Health: With APS Healthcare, comprehensive assessment of mental health needs.
- Division of Mental Health. With Technical Assistance Collaborative, mental health system evaluation.
- New Jersey
- Division of Child Behavioral Health Services: with the Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute of the University of South Florida, independent assessment of New Jersey’s Behavioral Health Care System. Rate setting and financial allocation analyses. Children's residential program rate analysis.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Task Leader for analysis of the utilization, costs, and co-occurring chronic conditions of Medicare-Medicaid enrollees with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Title V and EPSDT children's mental health web module.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA)
- With Westat, evaluator for the Children’s Mental Health Initiative grant program.
- Program reviews of the Children’s Mental Health Initiative and the National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative.
- Business Case for the Children’s Mental Health Initiative.
- Literature and policy reviews on integrated behavioral health and primary care for children and for adults.
- Assessing the Evidence Base: formal literature reviews of the strength of evidence supporting 34 defined mental health and substance use disorder interventions. A number of these reviews were published in Psychiatric Services, with Westat and Truven Health Analytics.
- Published guide on identifying children with behavioral health problems in a variety of child-serving settings.
- Best practices for EPSDT behavioral health screening.
- With NIATx, quality improvement technologies.
- SAMHSA National Leadership Institute, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment: Peer-based learning and organizational development.
- 2004 Consumer Directed Services Initiative.
- Shared Decision-Making.
- Employer briefs on substance abuse treatment.
- With Abt Associates, Uniform Reporting System and DS200+ data elements.
- California Health Foundation: with California Institute of Mental Health, compiled a chart book: Mental Health Care in California: Painting a Picture.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation: Substance Use Disorder Needs Assessment for the City of Boston. With the Lewin Group, Accessing Children's Mental Health Services in Massachusetts: Workforce Capacity Assessment.
- Commonwealth Fund: State Innovations in Behavioral Health systems. Massachusetts’ Child Psychiatric Access Program (MCPAP). Early childhood systems of care.
- Rhode Island Foundation: Public mental health financing.
- California Institute of Mental Health: with Center for Health Care Strategies, California Learning Collaborative.
- MetroWest Community Health Care Foundation: Planning to establish a transition age youth program funded by Robert Wood Johnson, Local Initiative Funding Partners. Evaluation of school-based youth violence prevention.
- Center for Health Care Strategies: Behavioral pharmacy management. Medicaid Behavioral Disease Management. TennCare Partners procurement recommendations. Public behavioral health reprocurement. Purchasing Institute. Performance measures.
- Association for Behavioral Healthcare (ABH): Annual report on key financial measures. Turnover in direct care positions.
- Advocates, Inc.: Jail Diversion Program. Drug Court. SAMHSA Proposal (Homeless). Strategy/Upward Review. Upward Review. Quality of work survey.
- SSTAR Addiction Treatment: Fall River needs assessment.
- Assabet Valley Collaborative: Family Success Partnership.
- Behavioral Health Network of Maine: Strategic plan. Utilization Review License. QM Processes.
- Behavioral Health Network, Inc.: Demonstration program using Massachusetts’ free care pool funds for behavioral healthcare.
- CAB Health and Recovery Services: Adolescent substance abuse needs assessment. Juvenile drug court. Young Adult Offender Reentry Program. Adolescent residential substance abuse program. MET/CBT 5. SA residential treatment for women with families. HIV/AIDS risk reduction. Determination of Need for a regional detoxification center.
- Central MA Communities of Care: Successful system of care proposal.
- Community Counseling of Bristol County: Community Service Agency for the Children’s Behavioral health Initiative.
- Communities for People: Lead agency for Department of Social Services.
- Health and Education Services: Mental Health services for elders.
- Honor Court, Prevent Inc.: Strategic planning. Half-way house license application.
- Joint Coalition on Health for North Central Massachusetts: Assessment of mental health and substance abuse needs in a 10 community area.
- Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers. Quality improvement and project management.
- Southern Middlesex Opportunity Center: Adult Learning Center Program Review.
- American College of Mental Health Administration: 2003 Santa Fe Summit.
- FIRST HEALTH Services Corporation: Medicaid maternal and child health services.
- Gateway Project: Reimbursement and profit sharing.
- General Electric. Work-Out! initiative.
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine: Quality of Care Unit.
- National Research Institute of NASMHPD: Other State Agency project data collection.
- Philadelphia Blue Ribbon Children’s Behavioral Health Commission: Children's planning.
- UPMC, Pittsburgh PA: With Mathematica, Health Management Associates, and the Hilltop Institute, potential managed care business opportunties.
- Value Options, New Mexico: 2009 New Mexico Behavioral Health Purchasing Collaborative.
Peter Jensen, MD, Columbia University and the Reach Institute
Children’s Mental Health Benchmarking Report – Year Four Report “What an OUTSTANDING report, an amazing and seminal contribution.“
Cathy Cummins, Assabet Valley Collaborative
“For a firm … with larger projects and wider-reaching research, we were made to feel like the work we are doing to improve mental health services in our community is the MOST important work being done.” Cathy Cummins, Executive Director, Assabet Valley Collaborative.
Eugene Thompson, UMass Medical Center
"Wendy is a really talented person. She may be the best grant writer I have ever worked with."